Here is the first project I created with the cage die. I havent had much time lately but i will most definately be creating a ton more stuff with all my new supplies!
To cover the cipboard bird I used dictionary paper. I inked it using tempting turquoise and tea dye distress ink. I then covered it with 2 layers of UTEE. This creates an interesting effect causing the print on the reverse side to show through a bit. Kinda hard to explain but very cool in real life!
I added a wing charm with a jump ring and some ribbon to the bird cage. Oh! I distressed the cage chipboard with gold embossing powder, sanded it and glimmer misted it.
I went for a mixed media look on the background. I originally did this on cardstock but then backed it with chipboard. I did some emboss resist, added some dictionary text, crackle paint, glimmer mist and on the left you can see a tag off of a pillow I think it was (I collect all types of random things)